Job Offer DEEP PURPLE at the University of Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
The University Rey Juan Carlos offers a Research Assistant job for working under the frame of the European Project DEEP PURPLE (GA No.: 837998). The job has the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
– To operate and maintain a pilot-scale bio-refinery consisting of:
1. A pair of 0.5 m3 photo-bioreactors, where purple phototrophic bacteria will evolve
2. Pumping units for inlet, outlet, and recirculation of the plant
3. A pair of settling units
4. A microwave volumetric heating unit for biomass pasteurization
5. A decanter for biomass dewatering
6. A sludge infrared drier
– To analyse all the macroscopic parameters for the operation of the pilot-plant, including: COD, VSS/TSS, N and P forms, among others
– To perform specific analysis on the metabolism of purple phototrophic bacteria, including batch and short-term continuous tests at laboratory scale
– To write scientific documents and preliminary reports
– A one-year contract that may be extended based on milestones evaluation.
– Competitive salary.
– The job position will have a first milestone in August 2020, where it will be checked whether a PhD position is offered to continue with the work for up to 3 years.
– Working in a high-level scientific-technical environment, with an emerging technology where the URJC is a pioneer in the EU.
– MS in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, environmental biotechnology, wastewater treatment or similar
– Experience on pilot-plan operation
– Experience in biological wastewater treatment
– Availability to travel locally (surroundings of Madrid)
– To be in a good fit to operate large and heavy equipment
– Proficiency in English
– Immediate incorporation.
– Experience on modelling/simulation of biological processes
– Experience on massive sequencing analysis (metagenomics, metaproteomics)
– Valuable Spanish language.
– Open mind
– Team worker
– Problem-solving attitude
Contact: DANIEL PUYOL SANTOS email@example.com
Download the Job description DEEP PURPLE.