Institute for innovative phytochemistry & closed loop process
is an innovation oriented organisation with experience in future oriented projects with inherent long-term sustainability and social benefit.
What they do
They participate and coordinate EU and national research & development projects. Their specialization includes exploitation of renewable resources and their clean processing as well as the design of biodegradable or perfectly recyclable products (“Cradle to Cradle”® projects).
alchemia-nova helped to develop the concept of the cascading utilization of renewables (short “Biocascading”), with the focus on utilizing complex natural chemical molecules in applications with highest possible value creation before considering bulk uses of the more common components.
The main activities of alchemia-nova may be summarized in the following points:
- Scientific expertise on natural resources
- Evaluation of renewable resources
- Cradle to Cradle® projects including certification as official partner
- Circular flow economy
- Sustainable product design
- Processing-chain analysis of renewable resources and proposal of optimization strategies
- Development of cascading utilization strategies for renewables
- Implementation of possible biogenic substitutes for fossil products
- Conception, coordination and realization of research- and innovation projects
Role in Project
alchemia-nova supports this project as communication manager to communicate and disseminate the project outputs and topics.