Work for DEEP PURPLE at URJC, Spain
The University Rey Juan Carlos offers a Research Assistant position for working under the frame of the European Project DEEP PURPLE (GA No.: 837998) with the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To operate and maintain a pilot-scale bio-refinery consisting on: A pair of 0.5 m3 photo-bioreactors, where purple phototrophic bacteria will evolve
Pumping units for inlet, outlet and recirculation of the plant
A pair of settling units
A microwave volumetric heating unit for biomass pasteurization
A decanter for biomass dewatering
A sludge infrared drier
- To analyse all the macroscopic parameters for the operation of the pilot-plant, including: COD, VSS/TSS, N and P forms, among others
- To analyse the biomass for agronomic characteristics and PHA content and characterization
- To analyse the pathogens reduction through standard methodologies
- To write scientific documents and preliminary reports
– A one-year contract.
– Competitive salary.
– Working in a high-level scientific-technical environment, with an emerging technology where the URJC is a pioneer in the EU.
– MS on chemical engineering, environmental engineering, environmental biotechnology, wastewater treatment or similar
– Experience on pilot-plan operation
– Experience on biological wastewater treatment
– Availability to travel locally (surroundings of Madrid)
– To be in good fit to operate large and heavy equipment
– Proficiency in English
– Immediate incorporation.
– Knowledge on agronomy and fertilizers properties
– Open mind
– Team worker
– Problem-solving attitude
Please note: Only EU researchers or foreigners with residence permit for at least one year can be accepted.